The Ellie Fund wants to help you. To help ease the stresses of everyday life, we can provide you with essential support services, allowing the focus to be on family, recovery and healing. Women and men in active breast cancer treatment, residing or receiving treatment in Massachusetts, are eligible to receive support. We do not discriminate on the basis of income, gender, marital status, age, ethnicity or religion.
To apply for support, contact a Social Worker, Patient Navigator or Resource Specialist at your treatment facility. If you need help connecting with an oncology professional, please contact us at 781-449-0100.
Through our Healing Together Patient and Family Care Program, we provide the following services free of charge:
- Gift cards to local grocery stores including, but not limited to, Stop & Shop, Market Basket, Hannaford and Big Y
To/from medical appointments
- Parking reimbursement
- Gas gift cards
- Taxi vouchers or reimbursement
- Funding for THE RIDE or Commuter Rail (MBTA programs)
- Licensed and insured companies providing light housekeeping services, including vacuuming and cleaning of the kitchen and bathrooms (not a deep cleaning service)
- Funding for licensed childcare services, after-school programs and summer camps
Nutritious, Prepared Meals
- Healthy, pre-assembled meals delivered once a month, up to 3 months
Please note that only oncology professionals have access to the application. The application must be completed in its entirety by an oncology professional and submitted to the Ellie Fund by the 25th of each month. Upon review of each application, the Ellie Fund will create a personalized grant, consisting of support services for up to 3 months in duration. Both you and your oncology professional will be notified of grant details, including when services will begin, by the 1st of the following month. For example, if the application is submitted by the May 25th deadline, grant notification will be received by June 1st.